Niagara Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Niagara Sports

A place for fans of Niagara University basketball, hockey and more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the new Voy!

Go down 
+3
dgrimes248
Mihalich_fan
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the new Voy! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Hey, guys, with the death of Voy, it looks like this will be our new home.

A couple of things:

1) You're probably going to want to enlarge your View here (just hold the Ctrl button on your computer down and and then hit your "+" button a couple of times)

2) This forum has a lot more whistles and bells than Voy did and eventually I'll learn how to use 'em, but for now I'll keep things simple until we all get up to speed with stuff.

Hope this works!
Back to top Go down
https://niagara.forumotion.com
Mihalich_fan

Mihalich_fan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Maldez - thanks for your all your hard work getting this new message board up and going Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maldez

Maldez

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Mihalich_fan wrote:
Maldez - thanks for your all your hard work getting this new message board up and going Very Happy

Thx, M-Fan! There's going to be a little bit of a learning curve, but the available features of this new site will make us forget Voy...a perfect example is the ability to quote other posters.
Back to top Go down
Mihalich_fan

Mihalich_fan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 2:22 pm

My only suggestion at this point would be the colors. Maybe something lighter for the background (it doesn't necessarily have to be the light purple color) to make it easier to read. Once a few more regulars get on board, you can even make it "Poll Question"  - another great feature
Back to top Go down
dgrimes248

dgrimes248

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Thanks for the forum- it looks great!
Back to top Go down
Maldez

Maldez

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Mihalich_fan wrote:
My only suggestion at this point would be the colors. Maybe something lighter for the background (it doesn't necessarily have to be the light purple color) to make it easier to read. Once a few more regulars get on board, you can even make it "Poll Question"  - another great feature

Everything right now is totally in test mode and subject to change based on what everybody wants. Here's another color scheme to consider....there's hundreds to choose from!
Back to top Go down
RCM*

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Looks great.

A learning curve for me too. I entered the wrong email address to register. Mal- If you can some how reset the RCM password so I can sign up again that would be awesome. Or if you can change the email address so I can confirm the account please let me know. It is missing one "L" in the email address

I think this will work out awesome.

I think we should go to lighter back ground and black text. It makes it much easier to read on an Iphone or Ipad.

This is going to be awesome...Just the ability to post links, youtube clips, etc etc.

Going to be a great site. Awesome work!
Back to top Go down
Truthful

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:52 pm

Thanks Tom.....we appreciate your effort in providing a forum for us . The only persons who were happy with Voy being down were Casey and Simon Gray......haha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Truthful wrote:
Thanks Tom.....we appreciate your effort in providing a forum for us . The only persons who were happy with Voy being down were Casey and Simon Gray......haha.

Actually, there was one other guy who took enormous delight in Voy's demise....I got an e-mail from an address "maldezblows.aol.com" chortling with delight and a couple other other sick comments....obviously Purp has been trying to get into Voy every day for over a year now and thinks he's won somehow...think again, psycho.
Back to top Go down
Truthful

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:05 pm

Pathetic that a guy in his 60's would act like that . Once a psycho always a psycho .
Back to top Go down
NuStudent

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:19 pm

Any purple color schemes? The site looks great already, much better than voy! Great job Maldez!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:31 pm

NuStudent wrote:
Any purple color schemes? The site looks great already, much better than voy! Great job Maldez!  

This is as close as I could come to purple without a bunch of other ugly, unwanted  colors mixed into the scheme. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able make the board look exactly the way we all want once I get more familiar with how the HTML coding works...for now all I can do is select from their selection of stock themes.

But thanks for the compliments.....given time, this board is going to be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:34 pm

RCM_ wrote:
....I entered the wrong email address to register. Mal- If you can some how reset the RCM password so I can sign up again that would be awesome. Or if you can change the email address so I can confirm the account please let me know. It is missing one "L" in the email address....

R', I corrected your e-mail address...send me an e-mail if you want me to re-set your password.
Back to top Go down
RCM*

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 6:23 am

Pretty funny on the email Mal. Typical.
Back to top Go down
Maldez

Maldez

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:04 am

RCM_ wrote:
Pretty funny on the email Mal.  Typical.

So, you're good-to-go now?
Back to top Go down
RCM*

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:09 am

No....

Can you erase RCM all together so I can re sign up under that name
Back to top Go down
Maldez

Maldez

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 11:49 am

I don't think the system will let me delete users, but I'll try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Voy!   Welcome to the new Voy! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new Voy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Niagara Sports :: Everything Niagara :: Men's Basketball-
Jump to: