Niagara Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Niagara Sports

A place for fans of Niagara University basketball, hockey and more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Continued Incompetence

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Niagarabob

Continued Incompetence Empty
PostSubject: Continued Incompetence   Continued Incompetence EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 2:48 pm

I just got off the phone with Derrick Thornton (NU Communications) and tried to explain that the uniforms for the throwback contest for Niagara's game with the Bonnies on Dec. 17th in Buffalo were inaccurate as far as the eras of the uniforms. I was directly looking at my copy of the 69-70 basketball guide. All I got was the typical Niagara runaround. He said that there was a lot of carry over between eras. I explained that there was a number of us from that era, with Calvin Murphy, that are supporters. I even gave him a description of the uniform and the year of the guide. It was obvious he did not care. Arguably the greatest era of NU basketball and they can't get the uniforms right and they don't take into account the fans. I think we should all were T-shirts that say Niagara Sports and below it TDGAS. I think you can guess the meaning. I have had it. They are now an official joke. My next call will be to Jullian Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to see if he can hack all the E-mail accounts of the administration!
Back to top Go down
Truthful

PostSubject: Re: Continued Incompetence   Continued Incompetence EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 7:44 pm

There isn't one person in the entire athletic department that has a clue about NU basketball history and tradition . Villanova , Syracuse , Providence and St John's have been replaced by obscure programs like Norfolk St and North Texas St . The bar couldn't be any lower for these jokers masquerading as administrators and coaches . What makes it so discouraging is that there is NO hope for even a modest upgrade in the program .
Back to top Go down
NUSuperfan

NUSuperfan

PostSubject: The DARK AGES of Niagara Basketball   Continued Incompetence EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 11:10 pm

truthful, I know that you didn't like JAM, but for me his leaving marks the end of Niagara basketball as we knew it. At least with Joe, I still felt that it was really Niagara basketball. For the last few years, I have felt a void, like I didn't even know or recognize it as the brand I loved for the 53 years out of the 56 years I have been a fan and supporter.

I believe he will be known as the last legitimate coach of Niagara. And truthful, I know if JAM had been given the resources that he so desperately needed, he would have given us the top notch schedule, et al, that all of us really had wanted. He did what he could to give us winning seasons with the meager resources the admin. gave him. In the end, there was nothing left for him at Niagara, not a decent salary, not the financial support, not anything. Now we have a so called coach and staff that will do anything, accept anything from the admin. to keep their jobs, just so they can be called D-1 coaches, even if it is in name only.

Back to top Go down
RCM

RCM

PostSubject: Re: Continued Incompetence   Continued Incompetence EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 6:16 am

culture. Which would include history of an organization starts at the top.

Clearly based on lack of photos of staff, press release mistakes, etc there is no attention to detail to anything. This would include history.

All NU has left is their history. If this becomes muddled and unclear all is lost. The AD is the torch bearer of NU athletics past and present.

As with everything at NU it is about leadership and culture.

Back to top Go down
Maldez

Maldez

PostSubject: Re: Continued Incompetence   Continued Incompetence EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:23 am

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when all we've got to post about is Niagara's latest f-up, but that's exactly where we're at, and there's no end in sight. All the key people are in place for continued failure.
Back to top Go down
RCM

RCM

PostSubject: Re: Continued Incompetence   Continued Incompetence EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:26 am

What ever happened to the alumni spotlight series? They did one on Tremel Darden... Then nothing.

NU could control their news cycle by weekly feel good features...video...etc etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continued Incompetence   Continued Incompetence Empty

Back to top Go down

Continued Incompetence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Niagara Sports :: Everything Niagara :: Men's Basketball-
Jump to: